Candle Safety Tips
While lighting candles can provide comfort and relaxation after a long day, it's essential to be mindful of the potential fire hazard posed by an open flame. To ensure safety, please remember the following:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish it before leaving the room. Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Never move a lit candle. Place candles on a stable, heat-resistant surface away from flammable objects before lighting.
- Store your candles in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. This helps maintain their shape, colour and scent integrity.
- Use a candle snuffer or gently blow out the flame instead of blowing on the candle. Blowing may cause hot wax to splatter, leading to potential burns or fire hazards.
- Avoid placing candles near drafts, vents, fans, and other air currents.
- Discontinue burning your candle when there is only 1cm of wax left at the bottom. Continuing to burn a candle with insufficient wax may cause the container to overheat and crack.
- If wax spills onto surfaces, allow it to cool and harden before carefully removing it. Avoid scraping wax off, as it may damage the surface.
Candle Burning Instructions
To enjoy your candles safely and optimize their burning performance, please read and follow the instructions below:
- Keep the wick trimmed to 6mm before each lighting to ensure a steady burn and keep the wax clean.
- Avoid burning your candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time.
- Keep the wick centered during burning to prevent uneven burning and soot buildup on one side of the candle. Avoid burning your candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time.
- For Jar Candles: allow enough time for the wax to melt completely to the edges of the container during the first burn to prevent tunneling. Use a heat-resistant coaster under candles placed on delicate or heat-sensitive surfaces to prevent damage.
- For Decorative Candles: remove candle tags and ribbons before lighting and allow the wax to melt close to the edge during the first burn. Our decorative candles are primarily for home decoration and may drip when burned. Always use a flat and heat-resistant candle tray underneath to catch melting wax if you choose to burn them.
- For Taper Candles: ensure the candle is placed straight in the candle holder and in a wind-free environment for a less drip experience.